When processing client requests, having the history of that client’s inquiries is very handy for the support specialist. Maybe this client consistently has the same problem. It’s even possible that for whatever reason, inquiries may have been ignored. For the operator receiving a new inquiry to immediately have a holistic picture of the history of communications with the client, connect the Similar tasks extension.
When you fill out a form request, Pyrus scans it for parameters you set. For example, the client’s full name or phone number. If the client has already contacted you in the past, Pyrus will find all their previous inquiries, and you will see them on the panel on the right.
1. To turn on searching for similar tasks, go into the user section in the right upper corner of the screen. Select Extensions.
Note: only a user with Admin rights can set up the extension. However, anyone with access to the form can see the similar tasks.
2. On the extensions page, click on the Similar tasks icon.
Pyrus Tip: you can connect the function directly from the selected form. To do this, go into the Forms section in the menu on the left, and select the one you need:
Open the Settings page and select Similar tasks from the list of available extensions:
3. Select the request form on which you want to install the Similar tasks extension.
4. The name Similar tasks is already set up in the Title bloc. However, you can name requests of this type whatever you like: for example, Past requests from the client, or Inquiry history.
5. In the settings window, indicate the list of fields for the search. They need to correspond to the fields in the form you’re connecting. For our form, let’s choose the Client and Phone — Pyrus finds similar tasks, if this definition matches even one of these fields in the inquiries searched.
Hit Save. When the switch in the upper right corner turns green, the similar tasks search is set up.
Pyrus Tip: You can delete and add fields by which Pyrus searches similar tasks, as needed. The extension works with fields of all types, except Files, Signature, and Table.
When the switch at the top of the screen on the settings page is green, you know the extension is turned on. To turn off the search, flip the switch to the Disabled position.
Pyrus will not search for similar tasks, until you turn the extension back on.