Pyrus comes with pre-built integration for Microsoft Dynamics GP, the popular business accounting software.
Microsoft Dynamics GP integration requires three short steps:
- Prepare the Accounts and Vendors catalogs in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Import accounts and vendors from Microsoft Dynamics GP into Pyrus to avoid entering accounts and vendors manually. When the import is completed, you can choose the values from the dropdown menus and update them at any time.
- Configure automatic invoice export to Microsoft Dynamics GP. Approved invoices will be automatically uploaded to Microsoft Dynamics GP to avoid manual double-entry. The step-by-step guide below will walk you through these steps for successfully configuring Microsoft Dynamics GP integration.
- Open Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 or later. If you are using a different version, please contact us to learn if synchronization is possible.
- In the menu bar, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP → SmartList.
- Open Financial → Accounts in the tree view.
- Click Excel in the toolbar.
- The Accounts catalog will open in Microsoft Excel. Go to File → Save as… and choose where you want to save the catalog. Name that file Accounts.
- Go back to SmartList in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Open Purchasing → Vendors in the tree view.
- Click Excel in the toolbar.
- The Vendors catalog will open in Microsoft Excel. Go to File → Save as… and choose where you want to save the catalog. Name that file Vendors.
- In Pyrus, navigate to Forms → AP Invoice and click on Configure.
- Find the Accounting Integration section and click Set up accounting software.
- Choose Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Upload the Accounts.xlsx and Vendors.xlsx files generated by Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Click on Sync catalog.
- After the sync, you will see updated data in the Catalogs section.
- You can sync catalogs as often as you like. Just export a new catalog from Microsoft Dynamics GP when you add a new vendor or an account in Microsoft Dynamics GP, then open the Accounts or Vendors catalog and click Import.
- Install the latest version of Pyrus Sync right here. Microsoft Dynamics GP integration requires version 22.214.171.124 or later.
- Open Pyrus Sync and enter your Pyrus login email and security key. To learn how to obtain your Pyrus security key, see Installation and first run.
- In the Forms list, open AP Invoice.
- Switch to the Export tab.
- Click New Export.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Configure eConnect settings. You can specify which step will export the invoices into Microsoft Dynamics GP. Select Invoice from step in the What section and choose As soon as they get in the When section. Alternatively, you can choose Daily in the When section and specify the daily export time.
- Make sure that your system user has permission to access SQL Server. Press the Test Connection button. You should see Connected to server in the Status line. When you finish configuring your settings, click Save.
- You will see the export configuration in the Export tab.
You can export the invoice image to GP, along with the invoice itself.
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, open Administration –> Company –> Document Attachment Setup.
Check Allow document attachments and select Attachment Location Options: Default Location.
To check whether the invoice image was successfully attached, open the invoice card and click on the Attach icon.
Select File attachment and click Preview as shown in the screenshot below.
Pyrus Sync allows you to configure catalog synchronization with Microsoft Dynamics GP. It automatically checks for any changes in the Accounts and Vendors lists, then updates the Pyrus catalog as necessary. In this case, you don’t need to save the Accounts and Vendors from Microsoft Dynamics GP and import them to Pyrus manually.
To synchronize a Pyrus catalog with the Vendors, follow these steps:
- Open Pyrus Sync. In the Catalogs list, select the Vendors catalog and press the Configure button.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics GP in the Source line. Configure the connection settings. Press the Test Connection button. You should see Dynamics GP: <your Server/Company ID> in the Status line.
- Press the Save button. You will see the switch next to the catalog name and its synchronization status.
To synchronize a Pyrus catalog with the Accounts list, follow the same steps.
You can apply a filter to the catalog. Let’s say you only use Pyrus to process accounts payable and you don’t really need the extra account types in your Accounts list, like Revenue or Asset. You can apply a filter that lets you choose a GL code from a list that features only Expense accounts.
Open your connection settings and click on More options.
To define your filter, put a regular expression into the Filter condition field. For example, the following regular expression will leave only Expense accounts in the Accounts list:
This expression filters out all accounts whose GL codes begin with any number from 0 to 4. The filtering occurs only in the first column of the catalog.
Pyrus monitors that the synchronization is continuous, and reports situations that might prevent or interrupt the successful exchange of data. In case of an error, the invoice will be reset to the previous step, a reviewer will be added to the task, and an error explanation will be added to the comments.
Below, you will find a list of potential issues and ways to address them.
- Required field is empty. Open the task and fill out the remaining required fields.
- Vendor or GL code not found in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Check if the catalogs are up to date. If not, re-import Accounts and Vendors from Microsoft Dynamics GP into Pyrus.
- Possible invoice duplicate. Invoices with the same Vendor, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, and Invoice Total are potential duplicates. Check if there is an invoice with the same Invoice Number in Microsoft Dynamics GP; if so, archive the task.
If SQL Server is not available, then the invoice will remain at its current step until the connection is restored.
Our software integrates with a variety of other software as well, so please contact us to make sure your needs are met.