Pyrus Automates Sales Workflows (and More)
Pyrus is a versatile communication platform for teamwork that can be easily adapted to the needs of every department in your organization. This week we focus on how it can make life easier for your entire sales team.
1. Every Inbound Lead is a Task
Communication in Pyrus centers on tasks, and your inbound leads are no exception.
Pyrus automatically converts incoming inquiries emailed to a designated address such as firstname.lastname@example.org into actionable tasks for your sales reps to tackle. Any attachments on the original email are copied over into the new task. Created tasks can be programmatically assigned to a workflow based on the type of inquiry coming in.
2. Involve Other Departments
Sales people often need to involve other departments when responding to customer inquiries.
If a customer asks, “Can your product do X?” and the answer is highly technical in nature, the sales rep assigned to the task may need to consult others before responding. Perhaps a colleague from the technical or product implementation department needs to be consulted. In such cases, the rep quickly creates a Pyrus subtask that corresponds to the customer’s original inquiry and assign this to the appropriate person in your company.
If the customer has several detailed questions, each one can be treated as a subtask and assigned to the person within the company who can best answer. A supervisor can quickly and easily understand the status of a pending customer inquiry by looking at the task and any associated subtasks. This becomes invaluable when a sales rep is out for the day and a supervisor needs to reassign their workload to other reps.
3. Escalate and Track Deals
For non-standard inquiries, a sales person may need to get approval from a supervisor.
Approvals are an integrated part of every Pyrus task and can be set up with one click. So it is simple to escalate an important or non-standard inquiry up the chain, from the initial sales rep handling the task, to a supervisor, on to the VP of Sales or the company’s CEO.
In the process of negotiating a complex deal, an offer may be revised multiple times and require several approvals. File versioning of attached documents is simple in Pyrus, and each version of a document can be viewed right from the task.
4. Smarter, Better, Faster Campaigns
When you track millions of customers in an external CRM system, you might generate a number of upsell campaigns daily.
Let’s say you decide to select 1-2% of your customer base using some pre-defined criteria, and offer a special deal to that segment. Depending on the nature of your campaign, you may need to communicate with each customer personally. To do so:
1. Export customer data to a spreadsheet and then upload it to a Pyrus project for which you configure a customized form.2. Programmatically create a Pyrus task for each row in your spreadsheet and delegate those tasks among your sales team. Your reps grab tasks containing individual customer data and make sales calls.
3. Keeping track becomes trivial: Sales reps can write notes about the call right into the task body. Pyrus integrates with your telephony so you can automatically record conversations. You can tack and measure performance for each campaign and generate reports.
Pretty cool, right? But what about existing CRMs?
Many might argue that such automation should already be part of existing CRM software. That is true, but more often than not CRM solutions are not implemented in full from the outset. If your CRM was not configured to track upsell campaigns initially, you have two options for adding this capability after the fact:
* Have your CRM vendor implement it – Cost: 6 months / $200,000 budget
* Export data to Excel and use Pyrus – Cost: 1 day / $0 budget
Pyrus is industry-agnostic: our enterprise customers come from every sector, including financial services, manufacturing, banking, software, retail, and government. Try Pyrus for your team for free.